As a lady who is in love, it is only natural to want to impress your better-half. A well-organized picnic is one of the simplest ways of expressing your undying love.
Picnic ideas could range from naughty treats to sweet and simple. It all depends on what both of you are into.
Without further ado, let’s look at how to plan the perfect picnic for your picnic and your significant other.
Places to go
Before you go out looking for those romantic world recipes, a lot of thought has to be put into the location. Think of whether you would prefer to go to a private or public area. Once you have made up your mind, look for unique areas in your locality.
Some of the places you could consider include:
- Building rooftops
- Along water sceneries like rivers and valleys
- On a boat
- On the hillside where you have a scenic view of the valley.
These are just a few of the places you could go to. Feel free to go to other places of your choosing. As simple as it may look, get the spot and make it a special place for both of you.
What to prepare
Below are some of the things you should prepare beforehand
- Get an old-fashioned picnic basket. This will help bring a romantic mood to it. Also, avoid using paper plates. Instead, bring real cutlery.
- Take the time to prepare a romantic menu. There are millions of romantic recipes on the Internet that you could make use of. Desserts like ice cream, chocolates, and strawberries are a must-have for any romantic rendezvous.
- Buy champagne. Do not forget to pack champagne glasses and be careful how you carry them because they tend to be fragile.
- Get a luxurious and comfortable picnic blanket. Make sure it is made from a good fabric that will not itch
- Dress up. Your boyfriend will love it.
- Update your phone’s playlist. Download the latest romantic songs for you to dance to.
- Have activities you love lined up. These could include games like hide-and-seek and bocce
- You could also surprise your boyfriend by carrying candles and flowers.
Other picnic ideas
- Indoor picnic ideas
In case it is during winter, you could opt for an indoor picnic. An indoor picnic is a perfect way to spice up a marriage. You could get the kids to bed early or have them taken away for the weekend.
You could set up the fireplace, place a blanket on the floor, have your hubby bring a bottle of wine. You could prepare some fish, vegetables, and have a bowl of olives nearby.
- Midnight picnic
Nothing says romantic like a picnic out at midnight watching the starts. Prepare a romantic dinner, pack it in containers, move outside and eat your dinner as you watch the stars. Also, carry a bowl packed with pudding.
- Italian picnic
Bring Italian dinner to your home by preparing Italian foods such as lasagna and spaghetti. If you are not a fan of cooking or do not know how to prepare Italian dishes, you could order take out and enjoy it at the comfort of your own home with the one you love.
To read more on topics like this, check out the Food and Beer category.